Dixons City AcademyBack
Dixons City Academy is a centre of educational excellence. We promise to do whatever it takes to ensure that every student achieves their full potential. All students receive a knowledge rich curriculum that will equip them with the character and cultural capital necessary for them to think critically and creatively and to change the world for the better.
Dixons City Academy has a long-established reputation as a top-performing school. We have extremely high expectations of all members of our school community and we support each other to be the best we can be.
Why you should choose to work for Dixons City:
· Dixons City opened in 1990 and is Dixons flagship school. Lots of teachers who started their careers at City have gone on to do other roles and senior roles in the trust; there are always progression opportunities.
· We are one of the most over subscribed schools in the country.
· 10% of the children are performing arts specialists. There is a rich and tailored provision for drama.
· All students live and breath the school values.
· Every lesson goes beyond the curriculum, it focuses on the local context of Bradford. Thought always goes in to what are students passionate about; how do we capture them to make them want to learn.
· Our vision is to be in the 1% of schools nationally.
· It is a place where students and staff and families aim to be better tomorrow than we are today, it is an exciting place to be and there is a culture of excellence.